Ambitious, eh! We love to see that! Let's get started.
For this quest, you define what you want to do! Because you're out in front of pack, you have the flexibility to define your path yourself for a while. We call it "Grow on your own;" it's your chance to really dig in and build that castle in the clouds you've been dreaming of.
Choose a project you would like to work on that you estimate will take more than a few hours (> 3 classes). This must be something you can't already complete on your own; you'll have to research and probably practice and experiment to figure out how to complete this project. It's a stretch for you without a doubt. Write a Codex entry explaining what you're going to do, including how you plan to research/practice/learn.
Once you've done it, hit the Complete button.
If you have something not quite this big in mind, choose a GOYO-medium quest, instead. Likewise, if you start this and get it done within three classes or fewer, switch down to a GOYO-Medium quest instead.
Now that you've built it, your loot is just a couple steps away.
- Document the experience on your blog. Reflect on a couple (or more) of these questions. You don't have to write on all of these, but this reflection needs to be a really substantial one, to mirror the substantial effort you put into creating it.
- What are/were your feelings about this project?
- How did you plan for this project? Did you use the plan once you started? What did you learn about your planning process that you can use in the future?
- What did you like or learn during this project? (positive and not)
- Will this project change your work or life in any way? How?
- How will you use this project in your life? Who might you share this with?
- Link what you did. To get any credit for this work, you have to show where you learned and what you did.
- Every resource, tool, video, etc. that you used during this project
- Your end result - the code, program, or other product
Once you've built it and documented it, let Loremaster Rellim know about it. Remember: built it + documentation + links = loot.
Gratz, Visitor! This is the best form of learning: autonomy + mastery + reflection. These are the power tools of education.
You can come back and run this one again when you're out on the front edge and have an idea about what you want to learn next. You may not do this twice in a row, though; a LOYO, or find something else to do before you come back to another medium GOYO.
If you're repeating this quest:
Click the repeat button after you've completed the work of doing and documenting this quest. You're not clicking to indicate that you want to repeat, rather you're indicating that you already have built and documented (including the links!) again and are ready to claim the reward.
Remember, you may repeat this quest up to 5 times, but only in-between other quests. So head off to more adventures elsewhere and I'll see you here again, I hope.