Small steps (and a lot of them) are the best way to learn new things. Let's take some small steps in the Machine.
Small steps - straight line movement
For this quest, you need to jump into the Machine and build some straight line movement.
- How far is one step?
- How far do you need to go to move half-way across the screen?
- What is the difference between step and glide?
- What other ways are there to move in a straight line?
Once you have answers to these questions, once you're sure you fully understand straight-line movement of sprites in the Machine, click Complete.
Solid steps, Visitor.
Now, if you'd like the boost for Mastery, document what you learned over in your blog. To document fully, here's what you need to include in your post.
- Describe what you learned to use in Scratch.
- Capture a screenshot of your program showing movement.
- Discuss what you've learn about yourself, or about the way you prefer to learn, so far in this class.
- Include a link back to this quest.
Gratz. Keep taking small steps; there are plenty of quests to finish in this pod!